Applications of Acoustic Wave Therapy:
- Body shaping
- Anti-cellulite treatment
- Scar and wrinkle smoothing
- Skin elasticity improvement
- Connective tissue tightening
- Treatment of pregnancy stretch marks
- Treatment of post-liposuction irregularities
Focused and radial Acoustic Wave Therapy (AWT®) for body shaping and cellulite treatment.
Originally, acoustic waves were used for the fragmentation of kidney stones exclusively because of their mechanical effects. Recent studies have revealed that acoustic waves produce biological effects that may stimulate metabolic processes and improve connective tissue elasticity in aesthetic therapy.
Optimum treatment results can be achieved by combining different energy sources:
- Short high-energy defocused waves can be used for fat breakdown in the tissue, for instance. Ultrasound measurements (optional) of the fat tissue layer can be performed to document the therapy progress.
- Long low-energy radial waves are applied to areas near the skin surface. They are used for purposes such as improving the elasticity of connective tissue or anti-cellulite treatment.
- Stimulating vibration pulses are applied over large areas to stimulate tissue structures and the lymphatic system. They can also help to enhance muscle relaxation.